walters family blog

Well, its just Walters' family stuff. That's about it, for that's its sole purpose.

Name:
Location: Bellville, Texas, United States

Husband, dad, grandfather, brother, entrepreneur, artist, writer, publisher, ad guy, teacher, musician, and dreaming of being a farmer.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Where's Waldo?

It's bad when you awake in the night and you can't remember if you're in The Woodlands, the farm, Switzerland, in California in an RV... or some hotel room:-) You learn to lay still for a few minutes before bounding out of bed (my normal fashion of bed-launch). These RV beds are close to the wall if you get my drift... Beautiful in California right now. 70's in the day, 50's at night. Nice. Fog in the morning and late evenings. 


For some reason, I can't help but take pictures out of plane windows. Maybe I can't believe I'm really up above all this beauty. 


Lost yesterday, I turned down a side street in a poor neighborhood of San Dimas. What I saw in several of the small clapboard home yards was nothing short of stunning. Proves it's not where you live, but how that makes a big difference in your outlook. What a beautiful rose garden this lady had.


Coming out here this time, I glanced out the window and to my surprise I saw a plot of land, and probably a large one, with a family name planted plainly in the East / West direction. The "Loecke" family, out somewhere between El Paso and San Antonio kind of likes their name. 


I was setting here night before last answering some e mail on my iPhone. As it got dark, I kind of enjoyed the lights and sound of a small plane doing touch-n-go's from the airport I'm overlooking. I heard a shuffling of feet in the grass next to me. I looked to my right, but my eyes were not able to adjust quickly to the dark. When I turned back, thinking I had probably heard a cat, I saw a white inverted V to my immediate right... it was a giant skunk! He / she had sidled up to my side without me knowing it. I literally lunged immediately forward and made a lap around the neighbor's trailer. Luckily, he/she as oblivious to my launch and failed to fire. I'm a very lucky man. Last night, I came in right at dusk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home