walters family blog

Well, its just Walters' family stuff. That's about it, for that's its sole purpose.

Name:
Location: Bellville, Texas, United States

Husband, dad, grandfather, brother, entrepreneur, artist, writer, publisher, ad guy, teacher, musician, and dreaming of being a farmer.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

We're gone from adplex after 26.5 years!

My last time to sit in my office before Charles Ingram, Russell Anderson, John Coats and Mikki helped me get it packed up. Weird feeling, but pretty liberating to think that I don't have to be at work Monday. Or Tuesday, or Wednesday, etc. 



Poor Pam. They made her ask me for my key and fob at the end of the move today. I felt bad for her. Here they told everyone that I'm staying around, then asked for my key. Pretty telling what they are considering "staying around." Maybe they meant staying around outside:-)  Pam Coats has been a great team member. She does these sorts of things all the time and seems to do them very well. I left happy. 


Effective Thursday, August 9, 2007, I officially stepped aside as CEO of adplex. I've enjoyed all I can stand of the financial guys never being happy, no matter what you do. Seems there is another life out there that will be more satisfying, or at least less stress-filled.  So with that, I have hung up my spurs and will seek to live a more calm, less traveled life. Mikki and I are very excited about the future. We have so much we want to do. There is a lot of opportunity. I've been hired by three clients already in three days, but none full time, thank goodness! 

So, I'll not be walking around the farm looking for work, but we will be living there and enjoying it a lot more than ever before. Thanks for your support and humoring me for all these years. Those of you who have worked for us there at adplex, thank you for your loyalty and for working like dogs to make me look good. You are all such great workers. I couldn't be more proud. 
And to my kids, Amber and Molly, you both have been great employees and have made me proud. Thank you both for being such great kids. Forgive me for all the times I was on the road or at the office. I meant well for you. I really did.

And to Mikki, I love you and you have been a trooper! I could never imagine finding a mate to spend my life with that could have been more supportive, yet balancing as you. You are a jewel and I love you deeply. I look forward to spending a lot of quality time with you at Go Away Farm and on the road seeing some sights.
Its been a wonderful ride, but as Mikki said today, "You've been on the first car of this roller coaster, but I've been on the back." I still don't know if that was a bad or good statement. Not sure if the front car was always the best vantage point. 

I do not regret a minute of my time at adplex. What a great privilege its been to found and run such an awesome place and get to work with such outstanding talent. I am most blessed!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free at last, free at last! Thank God almighty, free at last!

Cary

8/13/2007 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It is a great feeling. Have some fun, you deserve it.

Angela S.

8/13/2007 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Galen and Mikki

I was saddened and happy when I heard you are no longer at adplex. Sad because you were the core of the adplex I "grew up" in. Happy because you deserved to be free to move in other directions. Go Away Farm looks like an extrodinary direction.
I learned a whole lot while working for you; no matter the department, building, supervisor, etc. I knew I was working for you. Mostly what I learned though had nothing to do with the business of adplex but the business of living a life led by God as was evidenced by you, your family (immediate and extended) and the leaders you surrouned yourself with. Thank you for living so openly. Thank you Mikki, your grace was evident even when you felt you were in the back car.
God's speed, peace and wonder-filled joy as you continue your walk at Go Away Farm.

Always,
Shelli See
seetice281@comcast.net

9/07/2007 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While it's clear this is an old blog, one can hope these words will find you somehow. Adplex appears to be in the final stages of a downward spiral with a mad man at the wheel. The place just hasn't been the same since you left.

7/29/2012 6:09 PM  
Blogger galen said...

You know, that is sad. But I guess the old adage, "nothing stays the same" has more truth to it than any of us want to believe or admit. So sorry. Next? Galen

3/01/2013 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home