walters family blog

Well, its just Walters' family stuff. That's about it, for that's its sole purpose.

Name:
Location: Bellville, Texas, United States

Husband, dad, grandfather, brother, entrepreneur, artist, writer, publisher, ad guy, teacher, musician, and dreaming of being a farmer.

Monday, June 01, 2009

The gardens at Go Away Farm

The lush lawn, flower gardens and organic vegetable garden are all the product of one person, and that is Mikki. She is the brainchild behind all of the color and detail that can be found in every corner of the farm. She is also my best friend on earth and a wonderful wife. I have truly been blessed to have her in my life. She very obviously loves gardening and being out in God's creation. But the amount of work she puts in deserves recognition, just in case anyone thinks I'm doing anything related to the gardens other than taking photos and eating my share of the vegetables. She has enriched my life with her work in the gardens and I so appreciate it. The work I've done is in the vines, berries and orchard and they pale in comparison to her gardens. Mik gets the credit for the color we're enjoying herein.
Fresh yellow onions, just pulled.
This is one of the bad boys of the garden. They can do an enormous amount of damage in an organic garden before you can shake a stick at them. All of the limbs here that are clean-cut are the handi-work of these creatures. They serve a purpose on God's earth. What? I have no idea, but I don't think he'd have allowed such a mean little guy (probably female) eat up our tomatoes:-)
Check out the detail in this Passion flower! Amazing. It looks like a ride at Disney World in full spin. They are the most beautiful and unusual flowers we have at the farm. The light green buds all around the bloom are the new blossoms about to burst forth.
I'm not sure what this is, but it appears to be a miniature verbena, if there is such a thing. I'll check and get back ... oh never mind. As soon as Mikki reads this, she'll straighten it out and I'll edit this and put the right name on it. Anway, I love the detail these beauties show. Looks like tatting or a wall paper design.
More detailed little blossoms that are gorgeous right now. And again, I have no idea what this is other than beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home