walters family blog

Well, its just Walters' family stuff. That's about it, for that's its sole purpose.

Name:
Location: Bellville, Texas, United States

Husband, dad, grandfather, brother, entrepreneur, artist, writer, publisher, ad guy, teacher, musician, and dreaming of being a farmer.

Monday, October 03, 2011

iPhone 4 HDR photos from 40,000 ft

The iPhone 4 has an HDR photo capability. The high-definition capability is really very amazing for a phone. Who'd have ever guessed that we'd get this kind of image from a phone, flying 40,000 feet above the dessert at 450 mph. Not me. Check this out (I've lowered the size by 80%. The full size images are very nice indeed). I'm sure my fellow passengers think that I'm a bit of a nut taking photos with a phone, or maybe that it was my first flight... it was my first flight in the 1.5 million mile category:-) I'm fascinated by the creation. By what God has created that we so take for granted. I'm so glad He allowed us to fly. I'd have missed this.



A river in the dessert... I'm thinking we were about Lake Mead, or upstream a ways.


A dry river oxbow... in the rock


Amazing erosion


Dry riverbed


Looks so much like a tree. Check out the irrigated crop circles to the right. In the dessert.


Clouds and rain

7 Comments:

Anonymous manisha said...

nice pictures...

10/19/2011 11:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome photos.

10/20/2011 4:09 PM  
Blogger Jin The Nameless said...

Really cool desert river. Reminds me of a chinese dragon. The curves of the land cannot be better appreciated than with this photo.

Sorry about the random comment. Just stumbled on this, but glad I did.

11/08/2011 1:54 AM  
Blogger When We Dance said...

great photos...wish i could see the desert river by myself one day

11/13/2011 4:59 AM  
Blogger khaki said...

Incredible shots! I can't believe those were from the phone. Amazing. Love the one that looks like a tree.

11/30/2011 1:39 PM  
Anonymous wow account for sale said...

WoW! such an amazing shots.=D

12/14/2011 11:24 PM  
Blogger michael said...

Nice blog i am happy to check that

kindle books
http://www.topkindlebooks.blogspot.com/

12/15/2011 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home